Saturday, November 19, 2011

Grandpa Dick

I had the opportunity to make a slideshow of my Grandpa Dick who passed away on 11/11/11

I had such a great time remniscing through all the pictures and getting to see his past. I love old photos and the moments they capture.

A few things about my Grandpa that I wanted to remember....

His whistle
His Laugh
Always telling me how beautiful I am
Calling me all the time to help with websites, emails, letter writing, posting ad's on ksl...and that list goes on
Teaching me what a hemorrhoid was for the first time - after calling me a hemorrhoid countless times... ;)
Going to Yellowstone every year in my childhood to visit him and my Grandma
Calling me all excitedly because a couple on Judge Judy were fighting over who got to keep their Rainbow
His olive green suit
His love for Kaya
How he was the door greater in his ward (my family ward) and knew everyone who walked through those doors...and if someone new sat in his seat he'd kick them out....no joke....
Motorcycle rides
How Colemen is his favorite Grandson and probably the closest to him....that of me of course ;)
His Dickie jumpsuits
How he charges his own son to store his boat in his garage
How he would leave special events because there was a show on....
When he bought dog food because it had a picture of a cute dog on it, when he didn't even have a dog
His love for fishing
How one time he bore his testimony and explained how Colemen's snow shack worked
The neighborhood boys nick named him "tricky dick"
How proud he always was of me
How I could joke around with him all the time
When Dave and i went to visit him for the last time and he called Dave "a beautiful man"
and oh so much more...

 him as a baby

Grandma and Grandpa's wedding day

 Grandpa and me as a babe
 Brendon, gramps and I
 My wedding day
love you gramps....I know you've just "gone fishin" and I'll be seeing you again :)

1 comment:

sbagley said...

What a sweet post about your grandpa. Dick was always very kind to me and he will be missed. Your cute fam has been in our prayers over the last few weeks. Love ya girl!