Monday, November 8, 2010

week/end

Lots going on this week....Birthday week! 
Mon-Fri business as usual....
Friday night Dave took me to an amazing dinner at Flemings. That place was PACKED, i'm so glad the "economy's bad".....anyways, 
Saturday brought the Women's Show at the SouthTowne Expo- pretty disappointing...I went out there to find a cute baby thing for a friend's shower that day and there was nothing!!! Just a bunch of businessy booths...bleh
Oh well...heading to baby's r us then off to the Shower
So fun to see friends at showers and catch with everyone...good luck Rachel! Due Dec 8th....
Then came home to clean the house and watch the UTAH TCU game. All I have to say is no comment, but complete respect for TCU.
That night off to dinner to Rio with Beck, A-mon, Delaney and D-done. Always a treat when we get together..missed a few friends:( but that's ok....
Saturday night hung out with the ward friends....always my favorite being with them. They're all friends that we met when we very first got married and bought our townhome. They share so many moments and growing parts of mine and Dave's first couple years of marriage.
Sunday Church as Usual....oh wait - except my Relief Society are now Movie Stars...They filmed our RS for a new Church Welfare video they're doing....watch for the back of my head :) maybe my face too we'll see....
Then lazy Sunday afternoons - pretty much the absolute best. I can't ever argue with a Sunday afternoon. I LOVE 9 am church
I decided to de-clutter my Scrapbooking room and found a lot to get rid of...
I posted them on KSL.com and within an hour I already had 4 emails and 1 call...Crazy.
I met the lady and she was a hoot to boot that's for sure. She bought all of it - she was a jabber mouth, and to top it off the lady told me she's applying for the show HOARDERS....WHAT! This lady was a bit off...but bless her heart....do I feel guilty for selling her more crap she didn't need? NOPE
ok maybe a little. 
Then I had a ring on my doorbell....what? who? 
A little Iranian boy holding a walnut. 
Backtrack for 2 seconds- we have a HUGE walnut tree in our backyard. Its beautiful but super annoying with all the walnuts that fall on our yard. 
ANYWAYS, 
The little boy was backed by a van with an entire family in it. He's the only one who spoke english. 
Well...long story short - they picked up allllllll the walnuts in my backyard. Thank you free labor.
Then off to the Nortons for an AMAZING dinner of Tri-tip, grilled onions, rolls, mashed potatoes, veggies, etc etc. 
We ate angel food cake, sang birthday and opened presents....See below ;)





 Then Headed to my parents for more presents and cake :) Love birthday time....its so exciting and the only day that is all about me ;)

Thanks everyone for who you are and what you are. I have such amazing people in my life.

2 comments:

Tim and Heidi said...

That's quite the weekend friend! It was good to see you Saturday and be apart of you weekend :)

Emily said...

Happy happy birthday Brooklyn!!! Sounds like a great week! You deserve it! :)