
You know how some singles wards are embarrassing? The whole meat market idea and people only go to them because they want to date not learn about the gospel? Ya that's not how my ward is AT ALL! I love it! Even though I'm not a technically "single" it's a really great ward. In fact I've heard from a reputable source that the #1 complaint in our ward is that there isn't enough dating! I am my friends wing man when it comes to meeting guys. I set up Britt last night with a great guy- (he better call!) and I tried to set Becky up but the guy had a girlfriend all ready- DANG! Anyways, to get to the point, last night was our singles ward Christmas Party at the University Marriott- and what fun it was! It was semi-formal with a catered dinner, silent and live auction, karaoke surrounded by my best friends!

This painting is by Liz Lemon Swindle (she's the one who painted that Africa picture I posted about at the Festival of Trees) anyways, this auctioned off for $400!!!! I'm pretty sure we raised probably $5,000 last night for a sub for Santa...?!
2 comments:
I love that picture of Christ!
i know isn't it so great?! you can get this framed print at deseret book for only $129!!! i wish i would've known before i got stuff for christmas already :( but they have small ones for cheaper so i might just get a 5 x 7 or somethin....
Post a Comment