Thursday, January 4, 2018

perspective

I sat on my living room floor today bursting with gratitude. My eyes teary and just sank in the moment of overwhelming love. I remember a quote I once heard about being grateful and it was about how so many complain about laundry, and their husbands messes, and their naughty kids, and doing the dishes the list goes on - but then it proceeded to remind us that you have clothes that keep you warm, a husband that loves you, children who adore you and food on your table. We often think about the bad things in life that actually are our greatest blessings. How thankful that I get to change dirty diapers and wipe boogery noses because that means I have children of my own that I was able to successfully carry and deliver healthy babes. How lucky am I that I get to clean up dirty laundry or fold a blanket my husband left on the floor because that means I have clothes to wear and I have a partner that I get to share my life with. How thankful am I that I get to put away dishes and wipe off a messy table bc that means I have nourishment and water to drink. We often don’t realize our blessings that lie underneath all the day to day drudgery. I have those good days and those bad days but what a blessing today to have my two boys running wild in our home screaming so loudly and all I could do was weep in complete happiness that they’re mine forever and I’ll take those screams any time any day because behind those screams I get kisses, and hugs, and snuggles, and I love yous and a purpose every day to be better and to love harder.

I never complained during my two pregnancies because i've had many around me that have had miscarriages and delivered still born babes 

I try so hard to not complain about my kids because I know there are so many that don't ever get them

I want to be better about not complaining about my husband because I'm so lucky to have a great man to provide for me and my children and to love fiercely

my life is 100% away from perfect but it is my perfect and meant just for me. I'm pretty good at not holding a grudge, or comparing myself to others, or getting too worked up about things that I can't control or that don't matter and I'm working every day to be a better mom and a better wife.  

I'm grateful for our wonderful home and all that God has provided to us. We have a great ward, amazing neighbors, the best friends and surrounded by a crazy large supportive family. It's not all luck we've worked hard as hell but glad that I get to be on this journey called life. 










No comments: