Friday, October 31, 2014

weight

Well it's been 18 months since dexter was born and I can't believe how much weight I gained and have now finally lost...it's been a huge struggle for me to have this baby weight. I've been slender my whole life and for this to be so hard to lose- has been really hard on me. I know it's just weight but I also wanted to feel better and be healthy. It was a miracle when I finally fit in my clothes I wore before I was pregnant to now some of them actually being loose on me!!!

That was a great feeling:)

It was so hard for me to see so many people around me who have had babies recently loose their weight And look so awesome...if I didn't love them so much I'd hate them! :) 

This picture is a year a part almost to the day- 

And I'm even sucking in in the left picture!!! Yikes....

My Self image was hurting my confidence was low and my love of myself was not much. When I noticed not much was changing as I wasn't doing All that much to change it- It got real...this stuff wasn't going to melt off by doing nothing! So when I had that come to Jesus moment I finally just started to eat better, eat less (side note breast feeding made me so hungry all. The. Time. So my eating habits weren't the best) it's crazy when I stopped breast feeding I lost 5 lbs in a few days! My stomach shrunk I swear because I started to eat so much less then before- Seriously...so I was a little more optimistic about my new body. I grew to love myself and know that this weight came with an amazing reward. My handsome son. While it was hard to carry it around knowing it came because I bore a child helped me gain back my confidence and learn to accept this is how I'm Going to look now...get used to it

Well I continued doing yoga, added in cardio, did a lot of planking, jumping jacks, etc I kept noticing a lb less here and lb less there. It was finally happening - a difference was being made. 

I've taken a lot of pictures of myself - mostly naked so I'm not going to post. But just wanted to document this because when I'm pregnant again I can look back at me and read this to then give me motivation...! 



No comments: