Thursday, February 14, 2008

so....i'm a stalker....

This is worth reading I promise!!!

Here is my valentine story for y'all....ok so about a week ago a man came into my office needing a cleaning on his old SE Rainbow. well....as I walk by I smell a wonderful aroma. A sweet beautiful nose arousing smell. So he leaves and my life is back to normal....well he then comes back obviously to pick up his machine!!! I can't let this opportunity pass so I go up to this stranger and say "i'm sorry, i'm not hitting on you I promise, but WHAT cologne are you wearing?!?!" he replies, "i'm not sure of the name, but I got it at Nordstroms and it has "bv" on the bottle. I just went up to the counter and asked the lady to give me your most popular fragrance" I replied, "oh ok thanks so much!" well as of wednesday I was in need of a good valentine gift for Dave. So I decided to give him that cologne! I loved it so much, why not let David smell so divine?! I went on my journey to Nordstroms (which I really hate shopping there to begin with....) but its for a greater cause! I arrive at Nordy's Wednesday morning to find to my dismay that there are actually 6 bottles that have "bv" on the front! WHAT! So I ask the lady at the counter the same question that man asked....and she was quite stumped?! I began spraying all the paper samples with all the various "bv" bottles and couldn't find the scent I was looking for!!!!!! At first I was just randomly spraying. Then I forgot what paper I sprayed with what bottle. So I had to start over then label each one, wait awhile and smell them all, but I couldn't quite get the smell! WHAT! so....I began to turn on my thinking skills and well....decided that I need to call this man! Luckily we keep record of all repairs and services - so I gave Rich (our service manager) a call on his cell phone to dig out that guys number. I'm not kidding you I called Rich like 7 times- and NO answer!!!! I'm beginning to get really impatient!!! FINALLY Rich calls me back and I tell him I need that guys number that smelled really good. LUCKILY Rich has an Amazing memory and he knew the guys name, Matt Degooyer!!!! YAY!!!! So Rich gives me his cell phone and you all know what comes next.....YES I seriously called him. here is our conversation....

me - "hi Matt, this is Brooklyn, i'm calling from the Rainbow office, you came in a week ago to get a cleaning and I asked you what cologne you were wearing"
Matt - "oh ya, hello"
Me - "well I'm sorry i'm such a stalker, but do you remember any more information about the bottle or the name of the cologne because there are 6 bottles that have "bv" on it"
Matt - "um ya, its a gray bottle, the "bv" is like a roman numeral....(pause) here hold on"
Me - "ok, i'm so sorry to bother you, i'm such a stalker"

-so at this point i'm thinking i'm so crazy...but I want to know!!! its quiet for a moment, but then I hear him say...
Matt -"hey honey, can you look in the bathroom and find that new cologne I got. that gray bottle in the cupboard"
(matt called his wife on the other line!!!!!)
oh my gosh this is so nuts!! I figured his wife was like "why" over the phone cause he says to her (in a joking manner)
Matt - "oh there's some stalker wanting to know what cologne I wear- some hot babe from Rainbow"
OK!!!! this is getting so out of control!!! I've got Matt thinking i'm a stalker, the Nordstrom ladies looking at me like what is this girl freaking out over some stupid bottle of cologne and some tall guy next to me like "I always wear cartier, why would you want anything else...." he was a weirdo. anyways, Matt then comes back to me on the phone and spells out exactly what it says on the bottle!

Mission accomplished. I thank him many times and apologize for being a stalker!

So here is the infamous bottle of BVLGARI pour homme soir THEEE BEST COLOGNE EVER!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!So that is my Valentine adventure! Thanks Dave for a wonderful night! You're the Best!!! 

6 comments:

Allison said...

Okay. you are insane. But it was really fun to read about...I was hoping you got a ring for Valentines...:)

susie said...

Brooklyn,
I'm dying. This is the funniest thing. You are hilarious! It was funny when you asked him at Rainbow but I about died that you called him!! I have to smell this cologne now. It must be GOOD. Could you please dab a sample on a card and send it to me? Or just put yourself and Dave on an airplane to California. j/k.
Happy Valentine's!
sus

Ty and Holly said...

OH MY HILARIOUS. Only Brooklyn would do this :) I can totally see it. You are so funny.... I love it! Maybe I'll go buy Ty some :)

Matt DeGooyer said...

Hey, this is Matt DeGooyer.

I Googled my name and found this post!

This is a real story, very accurately told. I thought this was really funny to. It is funny to see how things can come together in this world.

I also saw Natalie Harris. I know of her from VBFA. I golfed with her Dad Kim Harris and have know him for years.

I did not think of you as a stalker! It was great to see someone being real. Really funny!

Shawna Wilson said...

That is seriously so darn funny! I love stories like that!! Even the part about the weird tall guy that told you to get the other kind of cologne...ha ha so funny! Now I want to get the stuff for my guy!

Whitney Jane said...

You kill me B!!! That is so funny. Great story and great story telling!